Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Online Dating for Dummies

Hey All,

It's been a very long time. I'd say I've been busy, but why lie? I got bored with writing blogs that weren't ever going to be read anyway, however recently, I decided that it could be worth restarting because it's really just my public diary.

I wanted to take  a minute to rant about online dating. It's becoming increasingly common, and because I have the social knack of a porcupine, I'll admit to using it as a crutch, but I can't help feeling that it is utterly useless. Top five complaints (and feel free to comment with your own) would be:


  1. Selfies of you blowing smoke, I do not know or care how high you are. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and say no on principle, but thanks.
  2. Bad grmmr. i mean, smrt fones com w/ spellchk, dn't they? do u wnt to red ths txt? no.
  3. Long messages about how you saw my picture and you never do this, but it was love at first sight, and what do I think? Do I think we could go out for a date? I will go ahead and assume you've sent to thirty other girls. And no, we can't.
  4. Immediate sexting. Everyone likes it, no I'm not a nun, but I'm not going to start telling you what I like, who I've been with, when we can meet up, or if I'll call you Daddy. Get Tinder.
  5. Men 20 years older than me hitting me up with "Hey gorgeous." You're my mother's age, I do not want to date my mother's friends, so no, I do not want to talk to you either. 
Am I too picky? I'm sure that I am, but hey, no one is forcing you to converse with me, are they?

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment